Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year. New Decade. New Start.

So here I am starting a blog since I got jealous of my other friends and have decided to join the bandwagon. >:) Another reason being to be able to vent some thoughts instead of keeping them plugged in until I burst into a fiery ball of annoyance for my friends. 

To start, my last Christmas of the decade was an unusual one; unusual because I didn't spend it in the province like I have for the past 10 years. : / It's also because we spent it in a fancy, fine dining restaurant in the heart of Makati. I must've eaten half a kilo of steak and a whole basket of bread. >.< Christmas Eve was pretty quiet from the scene I'm used to, which is a house with my family filled with the sounds of the T.V., the constant conversations of my titas, titos, and cousins. This Christmas, or rather last Christmas, we finished opening the gifts within 5 minutes; after which I played WoW 'til 6 am where my mom got mad at me for not sleeping. :| The rest of the day was spent complaining about the amount of beef that we consumed the previous evening because it was now stampeding down the narrow points of our bowels. >:))

I went to the province 2 days after Christmas, where me and my sister joined our 7 other cousins. I expected our stay there to be a pretty relaxed, slow-paced one…

I WAS WRONG.

For the next 3-4 days, I was not going to get a decent amount of sleep.

On the first day, I woke up at like around 4:30 in the morning to leave for Cagayan. We lined up for the barge and got across the bay. We then drove for one hour on the highway probinsya style, meaning we drove at around 100km/hr while dodging incoming traffic. In short, it was fun. We had breakfast at Iligan in a Jollibee. :) I wanted to meet up with Mike but…well…it was 7 in the morning. :p I can't remember the rest of the trip because I fell asleep. :( We arrived in Cagayan at around 10:30 so I had 3 or so hours before I met up with Aimee. (HAI AIMEE!!!) We met met up at Missy Bon Bon (That's right blockmates be jealous) and we proceeded to take a tour of the city, well…actually just the mall but hey, it was big. We also took a cab going to Ateneo de Cagayan but got stuck in traffic, our cab driver then proceeded to let out a "Holy Shit" at which point me and Aimee were quite surprised at the sophistication of his cussing vocabulary (no offense; just in case this is a disclaimer).  Also as a side note,  we saw an interesting flier on a dilapidated old booth on the way to the school that said Chris Uy for SK chairwoman and we got a few chuckles and giggles (HAI TOO CHRIS!); we didn't get a picture though which make me sad. :( We also didn't get to go into the school which made me even more sad :( :( so me and Aimee decided to have some coffee after which Aimee's mom gave me a lift back to the lodge we were staying in (Thanks tita! :D).

The next day we woke up at around 5:30 in the morning to go to Bukidnon and go Ziplining(?). It was a long ride and a bumpy one too. We travelled through different kinds of plantations such as Pineapples and Tomatoes (LOL). The rest of the day was pretty much just soaring though the air with cables and racing through different towns and cities going home (you know your average everyday fun stuff :>).

Here's one of the Pineapples I saw, I call it Karl's baby


…and I'll post this picture just for kicks.


On the third day, we went to Lakewood…Lake(?) so my cousins could go kayaking. I opted out of it because I don't like taking a bath just to take a bath afterward. :| I did get a good view of the lake from Nanay Gillie's house (sorry if my spelling is wrong family members). It was quite relaxing given that her house was on the wall of the mountain overlooking the lake. :p It had a real rural feel to it. Since that day was also New Year's Eve, I think that it counts as two days and it is assumed that my sleep was complete crap (though I did sleep for a good 10 hours).

Just beautiful…

Anyway, during my stay there I did a lot of thinking. I thought about these questions: What did I do the past decade? What am I gonna do in 2011 that I'm actually gonna achieve? How am I going to yank my grades from the devil's ass? and What's gonna be different from the 2000-2010 me from the 2011-2020 me? (I'll probably be older I know) Needless to say, I have plenty of work to do and much, much more to learn, but with my buddies and my family (yes you too Shobe >:)) ) I think I'll pull though just as I've pulled though those other times I can't recall. :p

I'll blog more later. Right now, I'm addicted to Tetris Battle because all the cool kids are doing it. I'll probably blog more about Ozamiz. Stay tuned. :D

Words of wisdom
Quite true…

3 comments: