Saturday, January 15, 2011

ACET, Hell day ,and Family Guy :D

So today I got up after like 4 hours of sleep, due to the small reunion I had with my high school brothers <3, to go to Ateneo and check out the ACET results with my very nervous yet EXTREMELY excited little sister. We got to the school at about 7:30 in the morning and surprisingly there were fewer people there than we expected. I had met up with Rap, Micha and Jeth who were also going to check the results for siblings, godsiblings, etc. At 7:40, the truck carrying the results arrived and the people suddenly started to swarm the area like bees to a flower…in an arid desert. At 7:50, the cover over the results were torn and screams, shouts, and cries could be heard in all directions. We stayed there for a few minutes with the incessant sounds of joy,sadness, and disappointment growing louder. Finally we decided to get some breakfast at Pancake House both to lighten the mood and to compose ourselves (or rather my sister) from seeing the results.

That, so far, is how my day is unfolding as of now; the previous day, however, is a different story. The day started out quite well: me oversleeping, not shampoo-ing my hair, not applying wax to my hair,and going to school on an empty stomach. Yeah…I think my day was starting off quite nicely. Come 7:30, me and my English 12 classmates were getting ourselves ready for class only to find out that it was a free cut. Needless to say, my classmates were happy of the free time we would get because Lit was also a free cut. I can also honestly say that they were delighted to lug their laptops around the school for the added exercise and to wake up very early in the morning (topped maybe with a cold shower) to get used to the hustle and bustle of post academic life. We spent that free time watching Family Guy on my iPad (yes, I know what you're gonna say now SHUSH) and were laughing at how Peter reacted to drinking Red Bull.

Peter adding a secret ingredient to his home made Red Bull


 We also watched Despicable Me which was another laugh trip in itself. I then had a shift at DSWS for about an hour afterwhich I pretty much walked around A LOT and spent the last few moments before my 1:30 class faceplanted on the table at the DS office. I went into Chem class and guess what? it was a free cut :| . Given the opportunity most graciously bestowed upon me by the universe, I took this time to learn from my peers for the upcoming Math Long Test after the period. Thanks to Master Cheryl, Master Micha, and Master Mike, I can say that my brain was warmed up for hike it would take while carrying a ten ton weight…uphill. Anyway to make a long story short, I took the Math long test, got my brain raped, took my Lit midterms, got my brain masticated by poems about fish (yeah FISH) and went on my merry way to my classmates house for the high school reunion.

At the reunion, we all felt like we were in high school again; only some of us were buffer and had more lady friends (not me sadly. ;_;). We had a lot of fun there eating,drinking, talking about girls, drinking, reminiscing, drinking, playing with cards, peeing. It was a wonderful night. I face planted when I got home preparing myself for the impending trial I was about to face later in the day.

Seeing the ACET results posted made me think of how I got accepted in the Ateneo. It's already been officially a year after that event where I leaped in joy rejoicing how I would not go to the province to study (this is due to the fact that I only took 2 entrance tests, one for UP and the other for Ateneo; the UP one didn't work out so well with 60 unanswered questions ^_^;;). It made me think of how I've been faring in the school right now. It made me think of whether or not I'm earning my keep in terms of study and effort. It made me think of whether or not my slot in the course really did go to someone who deserved it. The answers to these questions have continued to evade me though I feel that I'm at their heels. 

For my final words, I'd like to say congratulations to all the ACET passers for this year. Don't rest on your laurels though and make sure you honor yourself and those who didn't make it by showing that you deserve that spot and working hard. To those who didn't make it or are going to try to appeal, remember that when one door closes, another opens and that if you truly want something, work for it and never give up. Once again, congratulations, stay positive, and keep fighting. :D

Words of Wisdom

When Life knocks you down, beat it with a stick and toss it over a cliff. ^_^
~Personal Quote


4 comments:

  1. nice post, andy! you met up with them pala? i went there a lot later.

    CONGRATS TO YOUR SIS FOR PASSING! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah she's shifting though, probably gonna change her course to MEco or something. :|

    ReplyDelete
  3. you write well, andy! :D getting brain-raped ain't so bad...

    'coz you'll get a brainchild.
    TROLOLOLO.

    anyway! yup yup! congrats to your sis! :D I hope I can get to meet her soon and maybe rekindle our long lost friendship? :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do? I'm not really sure myself. >.<

    TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL

    Yeah maybe if you're part of OrSem IDK basta I'll surely make her meet you and Jeremy. :))

    ReplyDelete